Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dis Lil Piggy

I am not ashamed to admit that I don't always remember which order the letters in the alphabet go and i don't know all of the words to some of the most popular nursery rhymes. I've discovered both of these things about myself in the past 7 months of motherhood. But you know what? River doesn't care! Why? Because he has no clue that "Elamenablah Q" is not a letter. So when i fumble or forget, i keep rocking it out like i'm a rockstar who just fell off the stage. And he doesn't care that "Mamas gonna buy you rocking bird" 1) doesn't exist 2) is not the correct words.

I think River actually prefers my made up rhymes better anyway. I've actually jazzed up quite a few of them. And i'd like to share one with you (feel free to use it with your kiddos -- just don't forget to give me my props):

The Three Lil Pigs
This lil piggy went up ova to shaniqua's house to see what's poppin
And this lil piggy stayed back at da crib
This lil piggy had some BBQ chicken, collard greens and cornbread and some red Kool-Aid
And this lil piggy had none cus his check don't come to the 1st of da month
And this lil piggy went whassup whassup whassup all the way up to River's chinny chin chin

This by far is Riv's favorite nursery rhyme. It might not be the best rhyme for everyone, so i encourage you to jazz it up to fit your kid. Here's an example for mamas who are on the "hoity toity" side

The Three Little Pigs
This little piggy sent her nanny to the went to the market in search of pesticide free, organic lettuce
And this little piggy stayed home to work out to her favorite Denise Austin abs video
This little piggy had half a turkey sandwich and four peanut M&Ms (but didn't write the M&Ms in her food journal
And this little piggy had none because her husband said he would buy her bigger boobs if she lost 15 pounds
And this little piggy went boohoo hooo as she watched the final episodes of Oprah

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've missed reading your blog postings...where did you go (or was there something wrong with my computer). I have a new blog; come check me out out (because I closed my old one...for now...www.conjurethis.blogspot.com...remember????

LWLH said...

Lol...I def. love your jazzed up nursery rhymes! :)

wdstkbee said...

Yep, the song must go on no matter what, my grandson used to sing..A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K nin,nin,nin,O,P...

T. Marie said...

I think i know that lady who didn't eat any M&M's cuz her husband was gonna buy her new boobs. LOL!!!!!

ReRe said...

intergrate, of course i remember conjured this! i remember you took a little blogging break. are you back to blogging?!

i had to change my blog addy (thanks to a tiff with godaddy.com) and i also took a few months off from blogging after i had my son, but i'm back and trying to be more regular! i'm glad you found me!

ThoughtsON said...

Best nursery rhymes EVER.