Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Is honesty always best?

I know it's not a eureka moment to realize that some songs just have dumb lyrics. Singer rhyme the most ridiculous things, say the dumbest things, etc. But this morning i heard the most ridiculous, dumb, and honestly, kind of offensive thing:

"Girl, i hope you don't take this the wrong way...but you look better with the lights off."


Ummm, OK? What lady wants to heart that...even if it's true. And what dude is dumb enough to think it's ok to say that...let alone SING it to someone?!

But honestly, am i surprised that the New Boyz thought this was a good idea? No. These dudes also think skinny jeans on brothas is a good idea. And they also feature Chris Brown in their song. Don't get me wrong, Chris is very talented -- but he's the last person anyone should call with ideas for a song on how to treat a lady or things to say to a lady.

But what do i know? Maybe the New Boyz are on to something. Maybe Honest Lyrics are the thing and we are going to start seeing all kinds of songs such as:

  • I wanna love you down...for about 5 minutes and then i'm gonna watch Leno.
  • Oh girl, i wanna take you home to my mama, but she still ain't gonna like ya
  • Marry me, so i can get my green card
  • I'm gonna ask you to go home before morning, just givin you a warning

2 comments:

Neecy said...

I love it! You've got to be related to me!

LWLH said...

Lol..I haven't heard this song and I doubt I want to now :)