Friday, June 25, 2010

Potluck Friday



Woot Woot for Friday (and woot woot for getting my hair did after work!)

  1. Am i the only person in the world not watching the World Cup? Am i the only person in the world who can't wait for it to be over (is it over yet), so folks will STOP posting "GOOOOAAAALLLLL" or "Go USA" or "Come on REF!!!!!!" every 5 seconds on Facebook. Don't get me wrong, i'm all about some team spirit, loving your country, yada yada yada. But people, it's SOCCER!!!! And don't give me that crap about how everyone around the word plays it, blah blah blah. I just find it amusing that everyone has become a soccer fan, yet how many of these folks have actually gone to a professional soccer game, heck how many have even gone to a college soccer game. Double heck, before the World Cup, how many could have even named a soccer player (outside of your 5 year-old niece)?

  2. I don't believe in any of the old wives tales about how to know if you are carrying a boy or a girl. Folks will tell you if the heart rate is this, or if you are carrying high or low, etc. But i do believe that my little man has testosterone coursing through my body like none other and it has turned me into a raging maniac. I'm usually not an aggressive person (unless i need to be), but lately i have felt all kinds of firey and angry at little things. It mostly comes out in the form of road rage. For example, yesterday i watched a lady just drive right through a stop sign a bus had put out while it loaded some kids for summer school. The bus driver yelled out the window, but she was not phased. I waited patiently for him to put his sign back in and then i broke all kinds of speed limits to catch up to the lady and ride her tail. I'm not kidding. Seriously ReRe? Finally i came back to my senses, took some deep breaths and told River: "Mommy is acting like a fool. This is not good."

  3. The other day i saw a Mazzio's Pizza delivery driver driving with a passenger. Strange! I've never seen more than one person in a pizza delivery car?

  4. I did zumba the other day for the first time since i started looking like a basketball. It was kinda rough. Now i know what a middle-aged rhythmless lady feels like in a the club. I was just bumbling around, out of breath, swollen ankles and wondering if everyone was starring at me. But i'm gonna keep it up. I've read that women who exercise have easier labors. I don't believe this for one minute, BUT i plan on lying to myself about this whole labor thing for the next 3 months.

  5. What's ReRe (and James) jamming this week? "California Gurls" by Katy Perry, featuring Snoop Dog. Oh, i love this song -- and i love to hear James hum it while remodeling the nursery.

2 comments:

LWLH said...

I'm not watching any of the soccer stuff. I didn't watch it before so I'm not going to now.

not so zen momma said...

When I was preggo with Van, I woke up every morning in an unexplainable rage. Then, I'd chill out as the day went on. It was so weird.