Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Things NOT to say to a pregnant lady

Over the years my hubby has quickly learned the things he should not say to me, or any other woman. Things like: "you're getting seconds?" "Are those pants snugger?" "When are you going to the salon?" "Oh, let me slide my hand back there -- my arms are smaller" etc.

But apparently my hubby must learn another list: things not to say to his pregnant wife.

Once he masters that list, i hope to never have a conversation like this one:

I'm standing in the bathroom, brushing my teeth

James: Are you sticking out your belly?
ReRe: Huh? Um, no.
James: Really?! You aren't sticking it out?
ReRe: Really, i'm not. This is the way it is.
James: (he gets behind me and puts both hands on my belly) You aren't poking this out at all?! This is it in a relaxed state?
ReRe: Yes, THIS IS MY BELLY NOW.
James: Wow! You really have changed in the last few weeks.
ReRe: I will kill you with this electric toothbrush.

2 comments:

LWLH said...

Lol....Oh James, you silly man.

jennifer said...

Well at least it's a case where you are pregnant and not just gaining weight and having someone say that to you...

I had gained about 20 pounds in a couple months (just getting fatter, not pregnant), and my neighbor asked when I was due because I was showing so much.