Friday, April 15, 2011

Potluck Friday


This week has flown by...and i don't know if that's good or bad.

  1. THIS JUST IN: Fort Worth, Texas police do racial profiling and there's an unequal amount of black and mexican folks in jail for "stupid offenses" than white folks. This also just in: Ricky Martin is a gay. I've actually known both of these items to be true. But one of my dear girlfriends didn't. And when she and her hubby (who are both white -- cover of a J. Crew magazine white) found themselves in the Fort Worth jail for nearly 24 hours after being pulled over after a NASCAR event this past weekend, she informed me of this information! She never realized that there are really some shady po-pos out there (there are some great ones too, don't get me wrong). Her exact words: "ReRe, if i were you i'd be scared to go out at night. I'm serious." Unfortunately, staying inside for the past 29 years has not been an option. So how do i keep my butt out of jail? I don't go to NASCAR! hahaha. If this was seriously a way to stay out of jail, there'd be no black folks in the system.

  2. I have a lot of sleep deprived mommy friends who often struggle when they go back to work because they can barely keep their eyes open. But i think i have the perfect job for them: Air Traffic Controller. I mean seriously, I wish someone paid me to sleep. I think today we should all test that out at work. Instead of writing the tons of assessments that have collected on my desk, i'm gonna prop my feet up and doze away. Instead of making my some important calls, i'm going to throw on my snuggie and get my sleep on. I work in nonprofit, so it's wayyyy cheaper to pay me to sleep than it is to pay an air traffic controller. I'm just sayin'!

  3. Should i be disturbed that earlier this week while i was addressing baby shower invites, James brought me one of River's dirty diapers because "You HAVE to see this, it's HUGE!"? Sadly, i'm not disturbed. I'm actually glad that the days of being impressed with his own...um.. accomplishments are gone (hopefully) and River's crafty work has taken their place.

  4. Sad news: One Life to Live has been canceled. If you know me well, you know that i love my stories. And my favorite one is One Life to Live. I actually had 3 friends call or email me to see if i'd heard the news. I had. I'm devastated. I try to go home every day for lunch to watch OLTL (this is how the cool kids refer to it). If i can't make it home, i tape it. Yes. I said TAPE. I don't know what ABC is thinking. You allowed the travesty that was the Grey's Anatomy musical, but you aren't going to let me see how Jessica does with her split personality disorder, if Todd wakes up from his coma, if John ever finds out that Marty changed the paternity results and he really is Natalie's baby daddy or if Rex and GiGi ever get married? Darn you ABC. This is NOT winning. NOT WINNING AT ALL.

  5. What's Re jamming this week? My girl J.Lo! I've always been a J.Lo fan. She's a Fly Girl, how can you not like a Fly Girl! And i love her song "On the Floor."

1 comment:

LWLH said...

I can't believe they canceled AMC and OLTL.....horrible-ness I tell you, horrible-ness!!