- You know how they say you learn something new every day? Well, it's soooooo true. Wednesday i learned something very useful: you can block status updates from certain folks on Facebook! Now, i know many of you already know this (that's because you are mean people. I on the other hand struggle even ignoring a friend request). Why will this new knowledge come in so handy, you ask? Because frankly folks aren't taking me seriously when i say ENOUGH WITH HE FARMVILLE CRAP! I'm not kidding people. Some of you have yet to post anything outside of "XXXX needs help with their chickens." Oh wait, there is one of you -- and you know who you are -- who once posted a "real" update "Hey guys, can you help me do something really dorky on Farmville that's gonna annoy ReRe." Ok, so i added that last part, but you get the jist. So yes, today i will be going through and hiding the updates from the folks who only do Farmville. If that goes well, i might start hiding updates from people who only tell the world how much they love their spouse. I love James too, don't get me wrong. But i prefer to tell HIM, not my 600 facebook friends. Showing some love here and there is no biggie, but seriously, every day do you have to start your day off with a "Hugs honey! XXOOOXXXOO" update?! Roll over and tell him in bed!
- I've mentioned before my love for Big Brother. And i hate to admit it, but my love for Rachel is growing too. Yeah, she seems like she may be a few ants short of a picnic, but she cracks me up. The only thing i would change about her is the goodbye speech she gives to all the evicted house guests. It goes something like this "XXXXX I'm glad you're going home. That's what you get for trying to talk to my man. Don't you ever try to come between me and my man again." I find this amusing for 2 reasons: 1) her man has only been her man for like 30 days. and we all know how those showmances work and 2) she says this speech to EVERY evicted house guests, whether they are male or female. I think she should have a talk with her man if she feels like she has to tell other dudes to back it up. I'm just saying.
- While i'm complaining about reality TV people, i might as well moan about Kenny on Top Chef. Does he not realize that he has a 1 in 17 shot at being named Top Chef? I don't think he does b/c every week he acts all shocked that he didn't win the challenge. Act shocked if you are in a competition by yourself. But you are not. And you can't win them all! I've never seen anyone who likes himself that much, besides Spencer Pratt. That's it! Kenny is the black Spencer Pratt.
- Last week at camp, i told the girls "If you tinkle and you sprinkle, be a sweetie, wipe the seatie." They all got a kick out of it. I didn't have the heart to tell them it was not a ReRe original, but that i memorized it when i was 7. My grandma had that posted in the bathroom. Anywhoo, i understand maybe having to remind 6th grade girls this, but there is NO REASON for grown folks to have to be reminded of this. Yet i'm amazed at how many times i go into bathrooms and see not just sprinkles, but straight up, umm, how do i say this and still sound like a lady? POO. Straight up POO residue on the seat. As my girl Sara said yesterday as we stared at disgust at one of the toilets "How do you not know that shiznit is running down your leg and smearing on the toilet?" So, if you are guilty of not doing a glance back when you are done doing your bizness, chances are i'm talking to you! So, stop posting Farmville messages and stop leaving your ickiness on the toilet!
- What am i jamming this week? Not really anything new. I did bust out some burned CDs that my roomie and i made 8 years ago for our joint 21st Birthday. So i've been jamming some old-school Keith Sweat, Jay-Z, and even some Kris Kross (cus i'm the miggity miggity miggity miggity mack daddy!)
Friday, August 6, 2010
Happy Potluck Friday! Unfortunately my Potluck Friday chef icon dude is refusing to load, but i assure you this is a potluck!